Choose tracer wires.
There are several things you need to consider:
- Size of conductor. The common size of tracer wire is from 8 AWG to 18 AWG.
- The material of conductor. Copper clad steel wire or Pure Copper?
- The insulation of tracer wire: HDPE or PVC jacket?
- What is your application? Open-cut, Horizontal directional drilling, or Pipe bursting.
In conclusion, which we more recommend is Copper clad steel wire + HDPE jacket.
To sum up the advantage of copper clad steel wire.
- Same performance as pure copper.
- Excellent reliability
- Save material cost
- Strong Anti-corrosion
- Anti-aging Properties (HDPE jacket)
Choose Waterproof Connectors.
What kind of connectors we suggest you to buy:
- Impact resistant
- Waterproof and corrosion proof
- Saves time and money
- No pre-twisting required
- For use in lrrigation, Landscape Lighting
- Direct Burry ApplicationsPre-filled
- For Outdoor/Irrigation, Outdoor/Electrical wire splices usage
- For connections exposed to condensation, water, vapour or dust
Ground Tracer Wires
In short, to make tracer wire is grounded properly.
Above all, access points can protect and provide direct connection to tracer wire systems.
Installed tracer wire properly. So that we can locate easily by multi-function locating equipment.
The Application of Tracer Wires
- YELLOW – Natural Gas Lines
- ORANGE – Fiber Optic, Signal and Communication Lines.
- BLUE – Potable Water Lines
- GREEN – Sewer and Drain Lines
- PURPLE – Reclaimed Water Lines
- RED – Electric Power Lines
- WHITE – Proposed Excavation